domingo, agosto 27, 2006

Response to Aisha (perdón por el inglés)

Respondo a un comentario que me hizo Aisha (linda canción de Khaled por cierto).


Well, that´s an interesting comment that I would like to respond in a larger post, just few comments (and a couple of questions) :

1. Why, if you read in spanish, you write in english?

2. Según el Diccionario de la Real Academia de la Lengua (www.rae.es) la palabra “gringo” no es despectiva (aunque la palabra "Indio" sí, la neutral sería "Indígena").

3. Nope, I wasn´t comparing them because I think they´re racist but because they are “wanna bes” (long story, just one quote from a former president of México: "Poor México, so far away from God and so close to United States).

4. I know pretty well the history of México and I´ll remind you that California, New Mexico and Texas were part of Mexico until the United States government...let´s say, force us to trade.

5. I´ve been many times in United States (I even dated one Texas girl which by the way called herself "gringa" in a funny way), and I feel deep respect for many people there (yep,including a lot of afro-americans), but I´ll give you one piece of advice now that you´re so interested in LatinAmerican history, check everything about “Operación Cóndor”, you´ll find interesting data about your loved country or , just for "fun", check this article.

6. I´m sorry if you felt attacked, it was not my intention, I´m also proud of my friends (but I don´t really think that the place they were born are specially important).